Laurie CART👀N is much more than a figurative artist; she is the embodiment of joy, color, and positivity in the world of art. Born with an infinite palette of emotions and a devouring passion for art from a young age, CARTOON has made color her preferred artistic language. Her canvases radiate with vibrant energy, capturing the brightness of sunny days and the warmth of happy moments. Every brushstroke is a celebration of life, filled with cheerfulness and humor. Her works transform every space into a visual feast, where colors prevail, and merriment is contagious.
She humorously acknowledges that the simple addition of a letter to her last name, from CARTON to CARTOON, reflects her attitude towards life: to remain light-hearted and never take herself too seriously.
She began her career as a stylist for Haute Couture, creating elegant and refined outfits. However, she quickly felt the need to express herself in another way and decided to become a decorative painter. This new path allowed her to explore her love for large formats, creating magnificent landscapes and settings. Starting in 2014, she decided to exclusively focus on easel painting and naturally transitioned to the digital medium.
Inspired by nature in all its forms, Laurie CARTOON finds an endless source of creativity in landscapes, flowers, and general harmony. But what also distinguishes her work is her commitment to reflecting global current themes. Her works are a living mirror of our ever-changing world, where she combines the beauty of nature with subtle and clever commentary on crucial issues.
Laurie CARTOON’s playful personality shines through in each of her creations and knows how to use humor to address serious subjects. Her art invites viewers to reflect while enchanting them with her palette of vibrant colors.
She continues to illuminate the world of art with her bold and joyful work. She reminds us that color, cheerfulness, and positivity can be powerful forces for change and inspiration. Her canvases are an invitation to celebrate life, appreciate the beauty around us, and always keep a smile on our faces.
The last Exhibitions:
- 44° Salon de Haute Loire, Le Puy en Velay with the first prize for photography for “Le Printemps bleu”.
- Expo Metro Billboard Art Show; passeig de Gràcia,Barcelona, Spain with “Beauty and the beast”/june 2023. Art Fair “L’Art et la Matière” St Pierre-lès-Nemours (77), France / March 2023
- Art Capital, Grand Palais Ephémère, Salon des Indépendants, Paris France/ February 2023
- Pop up Art train with Expo metro and the Wagonettes, Miami Beach, USA/December 2022 Miami Beach – Expo Metro
Drawing of wagonettes for expo metro from 1 to 3 dec 2022 in Miami Beach ©all rights reserved.
- Exhibition Saint Martin d’Ury, FRANCE/October 2022. All works were digital.
- Exhibition: Expo Metro, Los Angeles, USA/June 2022
- Exhibition: Expo Metro,Manhattan, New York City, USA/December 2021
- Berlin-Germany: Poster 18 Berlin: 10 p’tits gars du Camouflage and Flowering fallows/October 2020 Berlin – Expo Metro
Zoologischer Garten (Line U9) et Mehringdamm (Line U6 and U7)
- Expo Metro Paris Opéra – La Fayette, Paris, FRANCE/September 2020 Paris – Opéra La Fayette – Expo Metro
The poster can be bought here: https://www.artquid.com/artwork/772177/29220/affiche-n-4-expo-metro-paris-opera-mai-2020.html
In this exhibition, the artist would show the beauty of the different minorities. Specifically here , she has exposed a work from her collection ” Proud to belong”. By this way, she would demonstrate that the identity is really powerful. The objective for her is to question people about how we could deal with the different cultures we have on the occidental world.
- Exhibition solo, Sauton street, Paris, FRANCE/December 2018